Colorblind Blain's Blues Blog

Colorblind Blain's Blues Blog

Album update: Still waiting on the artwork but I'm sure it'll be great once it's done. Now that we're into June, it probably makes it had to have an August release. So it'll probably be September. I gave an advance CD to a local blues radio show host, more for his feedback than any spins, but last night I'm listening to his show and low and behold there I am. Interesting to hear it coming over the airwaves into a cheap ghetto blaster. The vocal really stood out, which is what we were striving for (and which was a great challenge considering the vocal mike was only an arm's length from the drums). Anyway, right after the show I get a call from a promoter friend who says he was drawn into the song and wondering who the hell it was - and was pleasantly surprised to hear it was ole' Colorblind hisself.

Gig update: Maybe you'll get a chance to catch me doing my "bluesgrass" thang this month. We've got three festivals, starting Saturday night:



Saturday June 4 (with Andrew Collins, mandolin)
7:00 - 10:00
Orangeville Jazz & Blues Festival
Dragonfly
189 Broadway


Saturday, June 11 (with Andrew Collins, mandolin and Chris McKhool, fiddle)
2:15-4:45
Distillery Blues Festival
Rack House Lane Stage

Sunday, June 26 (After Hours Acoustic Blues Jam w/special guests Andrew Collins and John Showman of The Creaking Tree String Quartet)
12:30am - 4:00am
Rex Jazz & Blues Bar (Downtown Jazz) 194 Queen St. W 416-598-2475

Monday, June 27 (After Hours Acoustic Blues Jam w/special guests Andrew Collins and John Showman of The Creaking Tree String Quartet)
12:30am - 4:00am
Rex Jazz & Blues Bar (Downtown Jazz) 194 Queen St. W 416-598-2475

Wednesday, June 29 (with Andrew Collins, mandolin and Chris McKhool, fiddle)
2:00 - 5:00
The Bay Jazz Cafe (Downtown Jazz) Queen & Bay St

Thursday, June 30 (with Andrew Collins, mandolin and Chris McKhool, fiddle)
2:00 - 5:00
The Bay Jazz Cafe (Downtown Jazz) Queen & Bay St

Friday, July 1 (with Marc Roy, mandolin and Anne Lindsay, fiddle)
2:00 - 5:00
The Bay Jazz Cafe (Downtown Jazz) Queen & Bay St

This will be my first time playing with most of these folks, but I know it's going to rock. I think I better cut this blog short and go run over a few more tunes. Hope you can make it out to one of these gigs. I think you'll enjoy what we're puttin down.

I usually ramble on about all the great music I've heard since my last post but I'll save it for the next entry. You can view the blog anytime at http://brian.blain.com.

You can view my new EPK (Electronic Press Kit) and hear 3 tracks from the album at http://www.sonicbids.com/brianblain

Thanks for your interest in my music. BrianB